ASPIRE/Student Support Services
Apply To Be A Tutor
If you are looking for a flexible part time job, enjoy helping others, and
are a strong student, you should consider becoming a tutor for the ASPIRE
- You must be a currently enrolled UM student with an overall GPA of a 3.0
or higher with an "A" or a "B" in the course(s) you would like to tutor.
- Each semester, tutors are required to complete training activities to
help provide the knowledge and tools necessary to have the most beneficial
tutoring experience possible. These activities are compensated.
- Recommendation from a UM faculty member.
- Dependability, good interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and
interest in helping students be successful with their classes.
- Flexible working schedule that adjusts depending on your school and
- Salary of $9 per hour.
- Excellent experience to list on your résumé, especially if you are
interested in a career in education or graduate school.
- Making a difference and helping students.
Please contact Joshua Barronton, Coordinator of Instruction, at
for more information; or call 205.665.6250